2020-21 key NT work health and safety statistics
NT WorkSafe has published the 2020-21 key work health and safety statistics for the Northern Territory. The statistics provide information on the workers compensation claims made in the Northern Territory, including information on work related fatalities that occurred in that period currently under investigation.
Key details in 2020-21 include:
- 2392 workers compensation claims made.
- 31.7% of all claims were serious injuries.
- 7612 total lost time in weeks.
- Over $41.7M in total compensation claims costs.
- Top five industries with the highest proportion of serious injuries:
- Health and Community Services;
- Government Administration and Defence;
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing;
- Retail Trade.
- Main mechanism of serious injuries:
- Body stressing;
- Being hit by moving objects;
- Falls, trips and slips of a person.
- 7 work-related fatalities:
- 4 worker fatalities;
- 3 bystander fatalities.
Key statistics for the top five industries with the highest proportion of serious injuries have also been published and are available from the statistics section of the NT WorkSafe website.