Call for nominations - Scheme Monitoring Committee
Nominations are invited from persons within the Northern Territory who are representatives of organisations representing:
- employers; and
The Scheme Monitoring Committee (the Committee) comprises the Chief Executive Officer of the Department of Attorney-General and Justice or a person in the employ of the Authority nominated by him or her, who shall be its Chairperson and no more than seven members (one of whom shall be an actuary) appointed by the Minister.
The functions of the Committee are to:
- monitor the viability and performance of the workers’ compensation scheme;
- monitor premium rates offered for workers’ compensation in the Northern Territory;
- receive submissions from persons relating to premium rates charged for workers’ compensation insurance policies in the Northern Territory or elsewhere;
- monitor and publish data on overall underwriting results;
- advise the Minister on the basis of its consideration of information obtained by it; and
- consider and report on the effectiveness of the premiums offered by insurers:
- in encouraging employers to develop and maintain safe working practices; and
- in penalising employers which do not ensure the maintenance of safe working practices.
The term of office is not to exceed two years, as determined by the Minister.
Please forward your written application to:
Secretariat for Scheme Monitoring Committee
Department of Attorney-General and Justice
GPO Box 1722
DARWIN NT 0801
or by email to email@example.com
For enquiries contact the Committee Secretariat on telephone: 8999 5120 or via the above email.
Applications close: Close of Business 7 March 2017.