Call for nominations - Workers Compensation and Rehabilitation Advisory Council
The Attorney-General and Minister for Justice invites nominations for the Workers Compensation and Rehabilitation Advisory Council. Nominations are sought from interested persons within the Northern Territory who:
- have expertise in the rehabilitation of injured workers or the insurance industry; or
- have a wide range of experience across all industry sectors; or
- are representatives of organisations representing employers or organisations representing employees.
The Workers Compensation and Rehabilitation Advisory Council comprises of no more than ten members appointed by the Minister and a member constituting the Authority.
The Council’s functions are to:
- keep under review the operation of the Return to Work Act;
- make recommendations to the Minister on possible improvements to:
- the administration of the Act; or
- the statutory scheme for the rehabilitation and compensation of injured workers in the Territory.
- At the request of the Minister, investigate and report on matters relating to rehabilitation and compensation of injured workers; and
- perform any other advisory functions related to workers rehabilitation and compensation as the minister directs.
Appointment to the Council will not exceed two years. Sitting fees are available to members.
Please forward your written application to:
Secretariat for Workers Compensation and Rehabilitation Advisory Council
Department of Attorney-General and Justice
GPO Box 1722
DARWIN NT 0801
or by email to email@example.com
For enquiries contact the Council Secretariat on telephone: 8999 5120 or via the above email.
Applications close: Close of Business 28 November 2018.