Nominations sought for a vacancy on the Work Health and Safety Advisory Council
The Attorney-General and Minister for Justice invites nominations for a current vacancy on the Work Health and Safety Advisory Council. Nominations are sought from individuals with the Northern Territory who:
- have experience in one or more of the industry sectors in the Northern Territory; and
- are representatives of organisations representing employers or organisations representing employees.
The Work Health and Safety Advisory Council comprises of no more than ten members appointed by the Minister and a member constituting the Work Health Authority.
The Council's functions are to:
- keep under review the operation of the Work Health and Safety (National Uniform Legislation) Act 2011;
- make recommendations to the Minister on possible changes to:
- the administration of the Act; or
- standards of work health and safety in the Northern Territory;
- at the request of the Minister, investigate and report to the Minister on matters relating to work health and safety;
- other advisory functions relating to work health and safety as the Minister directs.
An appointed member holds office for the period, not exceeding two years, specified in the appointment. Sitting fees are available to members.
Please forward your written applications to:
Secretariat for Work Health and Safety Advisory Council
Department of the Attorney-General and Justice
GPO Box 1722
DARWIN NT 0801
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the Council Secretariat on 8999 5120 or via email to the above address.
Applications close: Close of Business Wednesday 11 September 2019.