Nominations invited for the Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Advisory Council
The Attorney-General and Minister for Justice invites nominations for a current vacancy on the Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Advisory Council from interested persons within the Northern Territory who:
- have a wide range of experience across all major industry sectors in the Territory; or
- are representatives of organisations representing employees or employers; or
- have expertise in the rehabilitation of injured workers or the insurance industry.
Individuals with experience in workers rehabilitation are encouraged to apply.
The Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Advisory Council comprises of no more than ten members appointed by the Minister and a member constituting the Work Health Authority.
The Council has the following functions:
- to keep the operation of the Return to Work Act 1986 under review;
- to make recommendations to the Minister on possible improvements to the administration of the Act, or the statutory scheme for the rehabilitation and compensation of injured workers in the Territory;
- to carry out investigations, at the request of the Minister, into questions about the rehabilitation and compensation of injured workers and to report to the Minister on the results of the investigations;
- to perform any other advisory functions relating to workers rehabilitation and compensation as the Minister directs.
Appointments to the Council do not exceed two years. Sitting fees are available to members.
Please forward your written application addressing your suitability for appointment to the:
Secretariat for Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Advisory Council
Department of Attorney-General and Justice
GPO Box 1722
DARWIN NT 0801
or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries contact the Council Secretariat on telephone (08) 8999 5120.
Applications close: COB 11 December 2019.