A low-intensity heatwave is forecasted for the Top End, East Arnhem and Big Rivers (Katherine) regions for a second week.
- excessive sweating,
- muscle cramps,
- nausea and vomiting.
- Drink water regularly.
- Use shade protection, a hat and sun screen.
- Check your personal protective equipment is appropriate for the type of work being done and the amount of sun you are exposed to.
- Schedule work to avoid the hottest part of the day.
- Share the workload.
- Electric shock hazards associated with excessive sweating whilst using mains powered tools
- Safe storage of aerosol spray cans
- Managing the work environment and facilities - Code of Practice
- Working in heat - Information bulletin
- Heat stress – Department of Health information
- Guide for managing the risks of working in heat – Safe Work Australia