Gas work notification
Commencement of gas works
Under Regulation 176 of the Dangerous Goods Regulations 1985 (the Regulations), a licence holder must notify the Competent Authority before commencing gas works.
Written notification is required no later than 24 hours prior to the commencement or works or, in an emergency situation as soon as practicable by the licence holder for:
- the installation of fuel gas system;
- the connection of a gas appliance; or
- the repair (other than minor repair), alteration, or removal of an existing fuel gas system.
A notification is not required when:
- the quantity of fuel gas connected to the system will not exceed 200 kg; or
- the fuel gas system is connected to a gas main, with a total energy consumption of no more than 200 MJ per hour.
Notification of gas mains work
Under Regulation 178, a licence holder must notify the Competent Authority before commencing work in respect of gas mains.
Written notification is required at least 7 days prior to the commencement of works by the licence holder for the construction or repair of the gas main.
Notification is not required when works are:
- emergency repairs;
- minor repairs; or
- routine maintenance.
Related Forms and Resources
|Notification - Commencement of gas works|
|Notification - Construction or repair of gas main|