Identity requirements - people licensing

This information bulletin was developed to assist applicants in providing sufficient identification when submitting applications for HRW licences, HRWL assessor accreditations, dangerous goods drivers licence, gasfitters and shotfirers.

Evidence of identity requirements

You must prove your identity (ID) by submitting your original with the relevant application. Your documents must be current and valid however, Passports are still valid for two years after expiry, unless cancelled.

Your documents must include one of the following combinations:

  • One primary document and two secondary documents; or
  • Two primary documents and one secondary document.

ID must include at least one type of primary ID that contains the applicants name and date of birth. If you are unable to provide the required documents please contact NT WorkSafe.

Identity document list

Identity documentDocument type
Australian birth certificate/cardPrimary
Australian passportPrimary
Australian citizenship certificatePrimary
Australian drivers licencePrimary
Licence or permit issued by the Commonwealth, State or Territory government that has your DOB and photo i.e HRWL licence, working with childrens card etcPrimary
Proof of age card issued by an Australian State or TerritoryPrimary
Identity document issued by an Aboriginal Land Council that has your photographPrimary
Photo ID card showing you are a Commonwealth, State or Territory Government employeeSecondary
Medicare, centrelink or health care cardSecondary
Credit card or debit card – one per bank onlySecondary
Council rates notice with your name and current residential addressSecondary
Utilities notice with your name and current residential addressSecondary
Foreign drivers licenceSecondary