News & Events

Charges laid over the death of apprentice electrician in Tennant Creek

NT WorkSafe has charged Dexter Barnes Electrical, and its Director over failures in the workplace which resulted in the death of a fourth year apprentice.

Construction companies charged over 2017 death

NT WorkSafe has charged Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd and Whittens Group Pty Ltd, after a worker was killed in a workplace incident at the Inpex Onshore LNG Facility.

Fatalities decrease but vehicle collisions still the major cause of worker deaths

Fatalities decrease but vehicle collisions still the major cause of worker deaths

Bus operator faces multiple charges over 2017 death

NT WorkSafe has charged the Northern Territory’s largest bus operator Buslink NT Pty Ltd, after one of its bus drivers was pinned and killed in a bus rollaway incident.

National Return to Work Strategy 2020-2030

Safe Work Australia has launched the National Return to Work Strategy 2020-2030.

Are you ready for the heat?

Warmer than average temperatures are forecasted for the next 3 months in the Northern Territory. The Bureau of Meteorology says there is also an increased risk of heatwaves.

October is National Safe Work Month

Territory businesses and workers are encouraged to focus on and raise awareness of work health and safety during National Safe Work Month in October.

Feedback sought on amendments to laws to introduce industrial manslaughter

The Economic Policy Scrutiny Committee is seeking comments and feedback on the Work Health and Safety (National Uniform Legislation) Amendment Bill 2019 which will introduce the new offence of industrial manslaughter.

WRCAC Communique September 2019

The Workers' Rehabilitation and Compensation Advisory Council met on 5 September 2019. The Council gave approval for the following communique of the minutes to be published on the NT WorkSafe website.

Construction companies plead guilty over 3-metre fall

The Darwin Local Court has convicted and fined two construction companies over a 2017 incident, which resulted in a 31 year old worker falling 3-metres onto a concrete floor.